Family of Doctorz

Band of (Medical) Brothers =D

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

First lessons

WOOHOOO!!! classes for today r over!

for us 1st yr students in MMA we've to take a total of 7 subjects:

1. General Chemistry
2. Bio Organic Chemistry
3. Physics
4. Biology
5. Anatomy
6. Latin Language ( more for medical terminologies )
7. Russian Language

All my lecturers r Russian n their English is.. well.. below average ( to put it in a nice way ) but i cant blame them la. its jus like me tryin to speak russian ( them russian's find it funny when i speak russian ). Anyway my 1st ever class was General Chemistry last friday. I suspect my lecturer is new as she led me in my experiment awfully wrong. We were supposed to perform a titration experiment using methyl orange. OBVIOUSLY start-point is orange in colour and end-point is pink in colour. My 1st attempt i got a orangey-pink end-point but NOOOOOOO... my lecturer ask me to add somemore HCl into my NaOH cos she said the end-point was supposed to be ORANGE. like OMG.. my burette was drained of HCl n she still asked me to add more till my titrate turns orange. *smacks forehead* then another lecturer came in n corrected her ( thank GOD ) n finally get to complete the experiment.

Then I had my 1st Biology class this monday n it was damn nice. we were taught on microscopes again.. but get to see nicer stuff than the standard onion epidermis cell. Our specimen is a strand of hair from my classmate's head and frog's blood. i managed to took a pic of each sample through the microscope eye lens..







cross hair













frog's blood













professional at work XD








I'm in Group 2, which is the international group. Grp 1 n Grp 2 r the only international grp.. Grp 3 to Grp 20 r all filled wit m'sians. So Grp 1 n Grp 2 attend classes together. We've 4 Chinese, 2 Brazillians, 1 Iraqi n... bout 6 m'sians if i'm not mistaken.

Well moving on.. after looking at the specimens we were given a short tour around the Bio Department. SUPER NICE.. but take note.. some pics may be disturbing to u.. so if u dun like preserved organisms LOOK AWAY!! lol..






One of the popular specimens they have here.. a preserved 'cyclopes' baby.. n a human head wit the facial nerves showing ( white lines ).












Preserved specimens showing growth of a foetus.















Preserved lungs













Preserved snakes















Preserved dissected birds















Preserved dissected fish head




















Preserved squid














And the things that live in ur intestine..

preserved parasitic worms!!!

yes thats ONE worm in that jar.













N more parasitic worms..
















Preserved jellyfish



















Preserved rat ( no idea y stomach bulging )



















Preserved octopus















Big ass king crab















Preserved spiders













Preserved dissected lobsters














Preserved worm-like things..














and the usual dissected frogs.








And oh.. today is the 1st day of winter in moscow. waiting for 1st snow!

0 comments: