Family of Doctorz

Band of (Medical) Brothers =D

Monday, January 12, 2009

Bio org chem finals: Phase 1/3

Day: Sunday
Date: 11/01/09

ok. 1st day of the bio org chem finals spree. was super worried bout it.. din noe wat to expect. so yea... hence the sleepless nite. gotta thank my buddies Chia Wen n Wee Lim for keeping me company online while i was studying the nite away ( "studying" ). yeap no sleep for me. though i did had a few power naps b4 the clock struck midnite. so yea that shd suffice. at 6 am, woke Bryan up for him to do this thing while I took my bath after.. err.. *counts fingers* 4 days not bathing? HAHA I NOE I NOE! spare me the "eeewww u're friggin disgusting.." or " guys.. lazy buggers who dun bathe.." OR "thats so unhealthy!.." comments. i jus din sweat or got dirty. besides.. i din even stink. BUT THATS not the point. the point is i bathed! haha.. ok ok lets not dwell on that subject. i've frens here who din bathe for at least a week so yea... some solid facts to justify myself XD

ok ok we left our hostel in a BIG grp as a precaution to avoid further cases ( refer to last post ) happening. speaking of which... i received news frm my china roommate that the china gurl who got stabbed.. passed away on this very same day. and the guy returned to our hostel safely. so yea.. Ken Li overslept. so the big pack moved along to the bus stop. while me Bryan n Puay Hua waited for Ken Li. u wudnt believe the weather that morning.. snowing like mad. thank goodness there's no strong winds.
















Yeap.. still dark at 7.30 am.

ok fast forward to the part of the practicals finals.

here're the instructions..



























































The instructions r simple. follow the steps given on the instruction sheet starting frm step 1. record observations, write chemical equations n a conclusion. we're given an unknown organic chemical. if test is positive proceed to the nxt step and if the test is negative proceed to a specified step. once finished tell the examiner wat u think ur chemical is and get ur grade. if u're wrong u've to go for a 2nd attempt. that'll deduct ur marks. we're graded frm a range of 1 to 5. 1 and 2 being fail and 3 pass, 4 good, 5 excellent.


















































my unknown chemical. haha my variant was Task #11. So yea.. i started wit Step 1. a test to detect the acidity properties of the solution. it was positive! friggin excited.. haha. proved the existence of the -COOH grp in my solution XD was crossing my fingers for step 2 as if the test is positive for test 2, u've completed the practicals exam. but darn it... mine was negative. so its not tartaric acid. so i proceeded to step 3. positive! my solution has a reducing ability. i was ecstatic at this stage. beaming happily to Puay Hua whom i think i annoyed throughout the whole practical haha..

















Ok Step 4. The detection of oxalc acid. test was.. POSITIVE! hell yeah! concluded my solution is oxalic acid. was 2nd in my class to finish the earliest so i decided to take my own sweet time to complete my lab report.
















oh.. did i mention i got a 5? HAHA no big deal la everyone in my class got a 5. haha.. so yea.. no biggie XD

but i cant help feeling happy bout this..

















haha look at that.. wat a beauty.. lol!

after that i was having fun kacau-ing the rest who r still doin n a lil helping the needy.. haha.































ok... enuf blogging here. gotta finish reading my bio org text book for Phase 2/3 n 3/3.
Peace!

1 comments:

CharMaine g s7_ehui said...

Congrats!!! ^_^
wish all ur 3 phases r going smoothly n successfully... with 5,5,5!!!

all d best!! Take K..=)

sorry bout d cut-n-paste o..hee.. =p